Hundreds of hopeful German immigrants traveled to the Texas Hill Country in 1845. Johann "Casper" Danz was one of these early settlers. He
tragedy of losing his first wife and son to an epidemic soon after they
arrived. His second bride died in childbirth before he married his third
wife, Johanne Dorthea Bock, and they built this cabin in 1860. It was
at this location that the family lived in this two-room (dogtrot) cabin
and flourished with eleven children. Their descendants remained on the
homestead until 1966 when the land became part of the Lyndon Baines
Johnson State Park and Historical Site.